Hack Learning Series books, brought to you by Times 10 Publications, are written by educators, authors and presenters–regarded as top experts in their profession. They help you solve big problems with simple ideas.
New on our Shelves
The Revolutionary Hack Learning Formula
Unlike your typical education text, Hack Learning books are light on research and statistics and heavy on practical advice and remarkably simple strategies provided by people who have actually experienced the problems about which they write.
Inside Our Books
Introduction: Our Hackers shed some light on the book’s topic: Education, Assessment, Digital Learning, Standardization, Leadership, Parenthood, Student Engagement, Literacy, Google, etc.
In a brief overview, we explain the issues and present a snapshot of our hacks.
Hacks: Chapters containing:
- The Problem: a brief summary of each issue
- The Hack: an overview of how to “hack” each problem
- What You Can Do Tomorrow: steps you can take immediately to impact teaching and learning right now
- A Blueprint for Full Implementation: detailed steps for capacity building
- Pushback: we anticipate the pushback and show you how to face it head on
- The Hack in Action: we demonstrate how someone has actually implemented each hack successfully
Conclusion: We wrap up with some reminders of what’s most important in the book and encouragement to help you start “hacking” tomorrow (you won’t find any 5-year plans here).
Current books in the Hack Learning Series
- Hacking Education: 10 Quick Fixes for Every School
- Make Writing: 5 Teaching Strategies That Turn Writer’s Workshop Into a Maker Space
- Hacking Assessment: 10 Ways to Go Gradeless in a Traditional Grades School
- Hacking the Common Core: 10 Strategies for Amazing Learning in a Standardized World
- Hacking Leadership: 10 Ways Great Leaders Inspire Learning That Teachers, Students, and Parents Love
- Hacking Literacy: 5 Ways to Turn Any Classroom Into a Culture of Readers
- Hacking Engagement: 50 Tips & Tools To Engage Teachers and Learners Daily
- Hacking Homework: 10 Strategies That Inspire Learning Outside the Classroom
- Hacking Project Based Learning: 10 Easy Steps to PBL and Inquiry in the Classroom
- Hack Learning Anthology: Innovative Solutions for Teachers and Leaders
- Hacking Google for Education: 99 Ways to Leverage Google Tools in Classrooms, Schools, and Districts
- Hacking Engagement Again: 50 Teacher Tools That Will Make Students Love Your Class
- Hacking Digital Learning Strategies: 10 Ways to Launch EdTech Missions in Your Classroom
- Hacking Parenthood: 10 Mantras You Can Use Daily to Reduce the Stress of Parenting
Coming Soon from Hack Learning
- Hacking Classroom Management
- Hacking Mathematics
- Hacking the Writing Workshop
- Hacking School Culture
- Hacking Early Childhood Learning
- Hacking Back to School
- Hacking Curriculum Design